The final of America’s Next Top Model was finally on last night after weeks of waiting and I’m so happy with the result! I know a lot of people had stopped watching it this season, saying it’s not about the modelling anymore and its all publicity, but I have to say I really enjoyed this season, especially cos it was Brits vs Americans. I’ve been to Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model shows twice and enjoyed them so much and the shows have encouraged my love of fashion and the concept of it rather than just loving clothes. I enjoy the technique of the posing, the walks, the way they wear the clothes. I especially love the difference between modelling and being a supermodel. Everyone thinks that being a model is so easy but in reality its one of the most difficult jobs in the world. That pressure to be perfect for the cameras 24 hours a day, the knowledge that if you trip on a runway or put your arm at the wrong angle at a shoot, you could screw up your career permanently: it’s a lot of pressure to look the part. Anyway, my favourite won out and against all the odds and accusations of rigging, a Brit won outright, so well done to Sophie Sumner! She came second in BINTM but its her chance to shine this year in ANTM and she’s won some fantastic prizes including a spread in Vogue Italia! This 21 year-old from Oxford, England has risen to the top and I’ve shown some pictures below to show her evolution as a model the last few years!
Her shot at the beginning of ANTM ‘British Invasion’
Shoot included leaves and maple syrup, 3 guesses where it was influenced!
Still from the video that won the Brits their music challenge
Her shot with the Jenner ladies!
The creepily awesome Hello Kitty shoot
The ANTM ‘Dreams Come True’ fragrance campaign
Sophie with good friend and fellow Brit Emma Watson
Crazy dinner party shoot with Estelle
At judging for the final with Laura, her US rival
Keep styling, Em x
I’ve been feeling very patriotic when it comes to fashion recently, maybe its because I’m watching Americans vs Brits on ANTM and i’m rooting for Sophie OF COURSE! So in the spirit of all things British, with the Jubilee and the Olympics and it being the year of the Brit, here are some British fashion photographs and styles I’ve been digging round for, its the land of eccentricity, edgy fashion and Kate Moss, hope you enjoy!
Keep styling, Em x
I haven’t written one of these in a few weeks, its been crazy with travelling and visitors but its back to the grindstone and the routines so I’ll delight all my readers with another Sunday Seven post. I’ve had so much news in the last couple of weeks that its nice to just sit down and talk about my loves for the week!
1. The Royal Palace. My mum is coming to visit this week from Ireland and we’ll be going to one of Budapest’s most popular landmarks and also where Katy Perry shot her ‘Firework’ video. There are some crazy views from the hill!
The view from the Palace
2. Emma Watson. I just love everything this girl does and wears, shes a real style inspiration!
3. Litas. I’ve finally invested in a pair of black lace litas from SoYouShoes, and I’m in love http://www.soyoushoes.co.uk/Black-Lace-Wooden-Heel-Ankle-Shoe-Boots/, looking forward to autumn already so I can wear them. They’re everywhere at the moment, just clicking onto any blog will give you a chance to see a thousand ways they can be worn.
4. White wine, the only thing to be drinking in the weather we’re having here at the moment! Also champagne (if you can find it cheap enough!) and anyone out in Budapest needs to head to Trofea Grill for the best champagne this side of France!
5. Sophie and Alisha, two of the British models on ANTM, rooting for either of them to win (my money is on Sophie though!).
6. Stolen From Grandma, a blog I’ve followed since I became interested in fashion blogging myself. A truly enjoyable blog to read and you can get to it through the link in my blogroll at the side of the page
7. Lastly, some of these images that I stumbled across in my travels!
Hope everyone has a great, who cares if tomorrow is Monday, in 5 days it’ll be Friday again
Keep styling, Em x